Saturday, September 03, 2005

A few projects

My first attempt at Kool Aid dyeing. Ta da!



I'm not usually a turquoise person, but it was my first time and I wasn't sure what I'd get. This skein is now well on it's way to becoming a felted bag - also my first.

Also, I finally finished the Pi Shawl I started in February. I finished this about a week or so ago but still have to block it. I've never blocked anything before and I'm still trying to figure out where to do it without a cat or two laying all over it. I don't think the queen size bed in the guest room will be big enough.





Yarn used: Knit Picks Andean Treasure in Fog - 50 gm/110 yds
Needle size: 8
Skeins used: 14 and a bit
Started: February 2005
Finished: July 2005

My first pair of socks! I used the directions from Lion Brand Magic Stripes, but don't really like the way the back of the heel turned out. I used size 3 needles, but I think the fabric is a bit too loose. I'm using size 2's for my next pair.

I knit these in about 2 days while visiting my parents in Michigan. My dad thinks I'm a genius (well okay, maybe I am) because I knit socks with stripes. Hee.




Yarn: Knit Picks Simple Stripes - 50 gms/231 yards
Needle size: 3 but should have used a 1 or 2
Time: 2 days

*Edited to add - Son of a b*tch. I've only had this up for 15 minutes and someone already put spam in my comments. Sheesh. The spam is now GONE.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa/NessieNoodle said...

WOW- the shall is GORGEOUS- great job, sounds like it was a task.

9/03/2005 4:55 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Your socks look great.. Love those sock yarns...
The shawl is a Fantastic work of art.. Just beautiful!!!!
And I LOVE your colorway of the dyed yarn.. I have not tried that yet but I am planning to one of these days.. Love the turquoise!!!!
I'm a New Blogger also

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

9/03/2005 4:58 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Welcome to our knit blogging community and unfortunately, the land of evil spammers. The shawl is great and the socks are excellent.

9/03/2005 10:52 PM  
Blogger PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

great dye job!!! great socks. ijust finished my first pair.

9/05/2005 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home