Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Houston, we have FELTING!

Woohoo! My first felted purse! I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. I think I may send it to a friend who loves purses.

Here's the 'before' picture:



And here are the 'after' pics:



Yarn : Knit Picks Wool of the Andes - 220 yds/100gms - 1 skein of Natural, 1 skein dyed with Kool Aid
Finished size: 10"w x 6"h
Time: 4 days, including dyeing the wool and waiting for it to dry
Needles: 10 1/2 circulars
Stitches: Cast on 50 for the bottom and knit 42 rows. Picked up stitches all the way around and knit in the round for about 56 rows. Straps are 5-stitch i-cords, also knit on size 10 1/2 needles.

The next one I make will be much bigger. I'm thinking about using Knit Picks Merino Style for that one. I've got 10 skeins of it in Asparagus and Iris just sitting in my stash and begging to be used. It's 100% merino wool, so it should felt up well. Has anyone out there felted with Merino Style?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a difference! I think you have converted me to felting. Your bag is such an original with the koolaid dye. I just love it!

9/07/2005 5:55 PM  
Blogger Genia said...

Great job Lindsey! It looks wonderful.

9/07/2005 6:28 PM  
Blogger Kathleen Pequignot said...

That is so cool. I wish I was brave enough to try one. LOL

9/08/2005 5:20 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Nice job, I love the colors.
-Cheers, Amber

9/08/2005 6:22 AM  
Blogger PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

BRAVO!!! I am already a felting freak! It looks great! & welcome to the felting cult!! ; )

9/08/2005 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home