Thursday, November 10, 2005

Oh man, I suck

It's only been 3 WEEKS since I last posted.

When I was in junior high I was given a 5 year diary for my birthday. For the first year and a half I diligently wrote in it every single day. Of course, there were only about 5 lines available per day, so it's not like it was a huge undertaking. Pretty much, it took 2 minutes and I was done for the day. After about a year and a half the entries kind of dwindled to maybe a couple of times a week, then a few times a month and, finally, there were no more entries for the remaining 2 and a half years.

Then, when I was in 11th grade, I was given a new journal. It looked like blue denim and had little gnomes in the bottom of each page. That was the year I was deeply and passionately in love with Monty Johnson. I'd go on and on for pages about how much I loved Monty and how gorgeous he was. It was really sickening. He liked me, too, but I'm sure he didn't wax poetic about me to his journal. He was a year older than me and I thought he was so sophisticated. We were briefly considered an item until he met *gritted teeth* Melissa in the school musical. He dropped me so fast it wasn't even funny. I was heartsick and couldn't even bring myself to write about it in my journal. Since I didn't have anything else to write about, my journal languished, neglected, in my drawer. That was pretty much the end of my journal writing.

The point is, blogging is online journaling and I suck at it.

Okay, now that you know that I suck, let's see some finished stuff.

Finally, a picture of my blocked Pi Shawl. This pic was taken while it was still pinned out and drying. It took almost 500 pins to block it! The only place with enough room to block it was on the living room floor. We'd just had the carpet professionally shampooed that afternoon, so it was clean and pet hair free (for about 15 minutes). It may look like there's a slight stain in the middle of the shawl, but it's actually on the old sheet underneath.


When I went to visit my Mumma in Michigan last month I gave her this shawl. She's lost so much weight from the cancer that she's cold all the time.

While I was there, I made Fiber Trends felted clogs and felted hat. Both turned out great, but I felted the hat about 5 minutes too long and it's just a bit too snug for either my Mom or me. I'm told that I can re-wet it and really stretch it out so that's what I'll try to do.





I haven't taken a pic of the hat yet. I must say that I'm very pleased with the clogs and I wear them every day. Both the hat and the clogs were very easy to knit and I had them all done in about 4 days.

Yarn: Cascade 220

Needles: Size 13 Bamboo 24" circulars

Pattern: Fiber Trends Felted Clogs #AC-33X

Time: About 3 days

I'll get more stuff up in the next few days and I'll really try not to suck at this blogging thing.

7 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Wow! Beautiful shawl, great clogs. Do you happen to have the info on where I can find the clog pattern. I like the bottom part.

I really love the color of the orange socks, too. Those are so nice!

11/11/2005 4:48 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Oh WOW.. That Shawl is BEAUTIFUL...
And I LOVE those socks and the clogs are great too.. Nice work!!!!

How do you post your photos?? I am having problems.... :(

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

11/11/2005 5:00 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/11/2005 8:24 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I deleted my previous post because I'd made a dumb mistake and couldn't edit it.

When you want to place a picture in your post, just click on the little picture icon in the menu bar above the box where you're typing. That will bring up an 'upload images' window. Under the side that says 'an an image from your computer' click the 'browse' button and find where you've stored your picture on your hard drive. Decide what sort of picture placement you want (left, right or center) and select the appropriate option. Once you've done that, click 'upload image' and wait until it says 'Done'. That's all there is to it!

11/11/2005 8:25 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

I want the clogs!!!! LOL What pattern did you use??

11/12/2005 6:56 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/12/2005 6:56 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I used Fiber trends Felted Clogs pattern (#AC-33X). I got it for about $4.50 at my LYS.

11/12/2005 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home