Friday, November 11, 2005

I'm on a roll...

2 nights of blogging in a row - woohoo!

I just happened to open up an old issue of Creative Knitting (March 2005) and found a pattern for some cute socks using Paton's Grace. I'd made a cotton chemo cap for my Mom with 2 skeins that Melanie sent me as a surprise and liked working with the yarn. I decided to try out the sock pattern and went out and got 2 skeins of Grace in the same colorway. I'm knitting these on dpn's, so here's the result thus far:




I really like the colorway and the pattern knits up very quickly because they're knit on size 3 needles. I knit up one sock in just a few hours.

Here's the result of a recent visit to my LYS:



Do I know what I'm going to use these for? Not really. I was sort of thinking about using the Kid Merino for the Flower Basket Shawl from the Fall 2004 Interweave Knits. I'm not sure which shawl I'll use the Misti Alpaca for, but I'm sure I'll think of something. I already had 3 skeins of the Elba, but decided I needed a 4th. I'm making a little wrap with a drop stitch, but I'm sure it'll be too cold to wear it by the time I'm finished. I just absolutely fell in love with this colorway way back in May when I first saw it and just had to have it. It makes me smile every time I see it.

Finally, I'll leave you with a shot of Ollie, enjoying some of my knitting magazines:


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the socks. I have used Grace for several pairs, and I really like how it works out.

11/11/2005 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home