Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Typical

What is it with us Geminis (Geminians?)? Do we have no self-control? Are we not able to exercise the least bit of restraint? Do we not know how to utter the word 'No'?

Apparently not.

It's not enough that I've already got approximately 283 UFO's strewn around my office. It doesn't matter that I only have 1 more evening of knitting to do until I'm finished with 'My So Called Scarf'. Oh no. Not only do I have to start a new project, I have to start TWO new projects. No one ever said I did things by halves. Okay. Maybe they have. Maybe a LOT of people have. But you don't have to point it out.

First of all, I'm almost done with My So Called Scarf.

I just love the colors that have come out of these skeins. To my mind, it's like a flower garden that I'll be able to wear around my neck. I'm much happier with it after frogging and starting with the other end of the skein. The only color I'm not crazy about is the bit of brown, but I can live with it. But, would someone please tell me what the deal is with the Noro Silk Garden? Can you not buy this stuff without getting at least one knot per ball? The first ball had one knot and the second ball had THREE knots! That's a bit much, if you ask me. Go ahead, ask me.

I'm loving these new Crystal Palace Bamboo needles. There's a sticker on the package proclaiming them a 'new design'. They're slicker than any of the Clover bamboos I've got and they swivel on the cord. REALLY nice to work with and, I think, worth the $14.25 price tag.

Last week I bought the Essential Stripe sweater pattern from Wendy's Knit and Tonic site. This is one of the projects I had to begin before finishing my scarf. I had some skeins of TLC Cara Mia yarn in my stash that I'd bought on sale at JoAnn's. I was just going to use it for making hats, but it's actually really lovely to knit with. It's got 13% angora and it's knitting up really nicely. This is my very first attempt at a sweater and I'm hoping that it's successful. I did have to go up a couple of needle sizes to get the gauge right, so we'll see. At any rate, I'm enjoying it and it's knitting up pretty quickly.


Finally, I just HAD to cast on the Flower Basket Shawl from Interweave Knits Fall 2004. I just HAD to.

Oh, what a treat this yarn is to knit with! I just happened (what are the odds?) to have in my stash the exact yarn called for in the pattern. Misti Alpaca in Laceweight. The very yarn I just happened to buy during one of my (numerous) recent trips to the LYS. What luck! How fortuitous! It must have been destiny. And so I cast on. How could I not? It was destiny, I tell ya.

It's been cooler here in the evenings, which means more cuddling.

Alfie and Ollie, trying to keep warm on a cold (65 degrees) Southern California evening. You can see why I needed to start on the Essential Stripe sweater. We're practically down into single digits! Brrr!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Cara Mia! It is so soft. Good luck with your sweater!

11/16/2005 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to to that compulsive need to start projects...there are just so many things to knit (and my even worse uncontrolable urge is to buy yarn for those future projects). I also want to knit FBS and started a My So Called Scarf which I haven't finished because I can't decided if I like the way it looks with the yarn I chose. You should feel good about all of the progess made on your sweater!

11/16/2005 5:56 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

You really are starting a lot of projects! The sweater (can't believe it's your first!) is coming along beautifully.

The owner of my LYS uses Noro yarns a lot and she -- believe it or not-- cuts out the colors she doesn't like. It works great, but I guess I'd have to own a yarn shop to be able to afford that! BTW I love your scarf, it's very pretty.

11/16/2005 6:37 PM  
Blogger stephaniedistler said...

Your knitting is wonderful! Gotta love those Borders too, such a sweet animal.

1/20/2006 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home