Saturday, April 22, 2006

Slow Recovery

It's been a tough few weeks. I still find it so hard to believe that my Mumma is actually gone. I'll be going along through the day and suddenly it hits me that she's not here anymore. My breath catches in my throat and it's as if someone has knocked the wind out of me. I know that it will ease over time but, sheesh, it sure is difficult right now.

Well, I thought it was time that I posted some pics of finished projects. I've been on a sock kick lately because I just haven't been able to concentrate on knitting lace. Besides, I went a bit nutso with the sock yarn and I need to knit down the stash a bit. I visited Friends Of Wool while I was back in Michigan and found all sorts of great sock yarn. I found Koigu (!) and, as I've not worked with it before, had to get some. Also, Opal, Trekking XXL, Lana Grossa Meilenweit (Multieffekt and Mega Boot Stretch). At Juicy Yarn & Beads in Saugatuck I came away with Socka in several colorways. Altogether I came home with yarn for 11 pairs of socks. Also, I may have made a wee order with Knit Picks and received a few balls (okay, 22) in the mail. So, lots of socks in my future. I'm sort of becoming obsessed with getting some Socks That Rock, but I'm trying really hard to resist buying more yarn until I knit up at least half of the current sock yarn stash. We'll see.

Okay, on to pics:



Love these socks! They were fast and fun to knit up. So much so that I immediately started another pair in a brighter (!) colorway. No pics of those yet.

Pattern: Broadripple
Yarn: Cascade Fixation
Needles: Size 3 Bamboo




These socks were finished months ago, but I forgot to take pics.

Pattern: Out of last summer's Creative Knitting mag
Yarn: Paton's Grace
Needles: Size 3 Bamboo







Love this yarn! It's 100% silk and was such a treat to knit with!

Pattern: Just a basic YO K2tog with increases
Yarn: Curious Creek 100% silk - YUM!
Needles: Size 17





The lovely Flower Bastket Shawl from Interweave Knits. It was a delight from start to finish and only took about 5 days. There are about 5 extra repeats of the pattern. I gave this to Jim's Mom for Christmas and she loves it.

Pattern: Flower Basket Shawl from Interweave Knits
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Laceweight - 2 balls
Needles: Size 6 Bryspun circulars (love these!)

Socks in the works:

Pomatomus - 2 socks on 2 circs in Knit Picks' Sock Garden - Star Gazer Lily
Gentleman's Sock - 2 Size 0 circs in Schaeffer's Anne
Child's First Sock - 2 circs in Baby Ull - Purple
Crusoe - 2 circs in Koigu

Also, I'm knitting up a quick washcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting's new book. I'm really enjoying reading this book. I got the Yarn Harlot's new book 'Knitting Rules' last week and love it.

That's about it for now. I'll leave you with a picture of Alfie:


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dog! Oh...and the knitting's awfully nice too. (dang you've become a good knittist!) Hugs for your recovery.

4/23/2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

WOW!! Love all the socks Lindsey!! Super cool!

4/24/2006 4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home