Sunday, May 07, 2006

Just a quick post...

Tonight I'll be flying back to Michigan again. We're having Mumma's memorial service next Saturday and then will scatter her ashes on Mother's Day.

I miss my Mumma so much.

On a lighter note... some pictures of FOs.




My So Called Scarf. I finally got it washed and blocked. I love it! It came out wonderfully soft and drapey and it's, by far, my favorite scarf. It took 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden.




My finished Kiri shawl. I think it turned out great. It took 2 1/2 balls of Crystal Palace Kid Merino. I think I used size 6 Bryspuns.





This is a simple triangular shawl made with Great Adirondack Yarn Company's Mohair Boucle. I liked the colorway a whole lot better when it was in the skein. Once I got it wound, I was really disappointed with how it looked. Before I bought it, I waffled back and forth between this colorway and a blue/mauve/cream colorway. I finally decided on this because the skein looked so vibrant. However, now it just looks kind of so-so. I should have gone with the other colorway.




A simple washcloth made with Lion Cotton. I got a sudden urge to make washcloths. I knit up about 8 different patterns before I found one I liked. Size 7 needles.


What could this be for?




Felted bags - what fun!





I really like how these came out! They're for my sister's birthday on the 9th. I'll give them to her this evening when she comes to take me to the airport. She loved the one I did last fall and these are much more her colors. The green one is knit with 2 skeins of Cascade Pastaza and one skein of Laines Du Nord Portofino. The striped one is knit with one skein of Pastaza and 1 skein of Cascade Quatro and 1 skein of Laines Du Nord Portofino. The Pastaza was knit with a single strand and the Quatro was doubled. Size 13 needles.

Last but not least... Jim put Ollie up on the shelf in the closet and he decided that he likes hand-knit items.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Lindsey,
I hope the memorial is beautiful! I'm sure it will be!

I love your felted bags..those are just awesome!

5/08/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger YarnDurango said...

Lindsey,
Thinking of you this mother's day as I am missing my mom so much too. I feel your pain and hope you are doing ok. Thanks for your comment. It really helped to read it.
Donny
Time2Knit Podcast Blog

5/14/2006 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're doing well, miss you.

5/17/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

The dishcloth pattern was a free one I found online at this site: http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/knitting.html

5/18/2006 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home